Promotion: Becoming visible to a broader audience
Marketing: Creating an environment in which people WANT to buy
Sales: Exchanging goods and/or services for payment
Without this key pillar, your business will fail.
No matter how good your product or service is, no matter how unique and special, no matter how important your message, if no one knows you exist, your business will not exist… for long.
And knowing you exist isn’t enough. They have to want what you offer. Want it enough to put their hand up and their money down.
The secret is to make the time to immerse yourself in the people you’re marketing to. To live them, breathe with them and study them from every angle.”
This is the most frequent problem that makes people contact Artist’s EDGE. So you might be wondering, why isn’t it the first learning track? Because, while it’s critically important to your businesses success, you must first:
- Know where you are going by defining your vision, your goals, your definition of success
- Overcome your internal blocks of fear, lack of confidence and build the skills of emotional intelligence
- Create a strong foundation of business skills and systems including consistent time management and organization, responsible financial management and a basic understanding of how business works
Without these three pillars in place, the fourth pillar of promotion, marketing & sales can’t stand on its own.
I’ve seen it time and again. What trips up your business isn’t the lack of or ineffectiveness of your marketing, it’s your fears or your lack of organization and consistent follow-up that blocks marketing efforts from being successful.
It’s a lack of preparation that stops you from taking full advantage of opportunities that come your way. Remember
LUCK = OPPORTUNITY + PREPAREDNESS
So, if you’ve come to this section, thinking, “I don’t need those other Learning Tracks, I just need to learn how to market.” I strongly recommend you think again and start with Track 1.
Building a solid foundation and then putting up 4 strong pillars will put a strong roof over your head and allow your business to support your growth and stand the test of time.
Enroll in the Artists Marketing & Business Academy Foundation Program
to access the following classes today ($5 for first 10 days/$27 per month Tuition):
Upgrade to the Artists Marketing & Business Academy Professional Program
to access these advanced classes today ($49/month):
- How to Embrace Your Unique Voice as an Artist
- Niche Marketing – How Thinking Small can Payoff BIG!
- How to Create a Fanbase From Scratch
- How to Manage Your Marketing – the Contact Management System
- Mining the Gold from Your Networking Contacts
Multiple Streams of Art/Music Income
- Step 1: Pick Your Niche
- Step 2: Elicit Their Problems
- Step 3: Find Solutions
- Step 4: Develop Your Product Funnel
- Step 5: Generate Traffic
- Step 6: Convert Prospects
- Step 7: Strengthen Relationships
- Step 8: BOP Positioning
In addition to these General Marketing Skills Classes, the ArtistsMBA Promotion, Marketing and Sales Skills learning track includes 1 Sub-Specialty Track:
Bonus Interviews with Experts
- The Marketing Cycle with Music Marketing Expert Bobby Borg
- Music Marketing in the Real World – An Interview with Michael Brandvold
- Booking Strategies: 4 Simple Steps to Turn Cold Calls into Referral Calls, an Interview with Jeri Goldstein
- How to Build Your List with Elizabeth Edwards
- Self Promotion for Performing Artists with Peter McDowell
- How to Create Buzz and Stimulate Word-of-Mouth Marketing, An Interview with Bob Baker
- Creating Your Niche – A Conversation with Nancy Moran
- Music Licensing with Sarah Gavigan – An Insider’s Guide to Getting Your Music Placed in Films, TV Shows and Ads
- How to Prepare for a Successful Crowd Funding Campaign – An Interview with Ariel Hyatt
- 7 Secrets to Get Booked on Corporate Stages with Tiamo de Vettori
- Alternative Marketing for Visual Artists Presented by Art Business Consultant and Coach, Martha Zlatar
In the Hopper
Following are class topics Debra is currently considering for this Learning Track:
- How to Create a Marketing Plan
- How to Create a Lifetime Fan
- How to Use Your Passion to Expand Your Reach
To suggest additional ideas, contact Debra