Creating Your Niche – A Conversation with Nancy Moran
Everybody says you have to have a niche. But how do you create a unique and profitable niche that suits you?
In this month’s Interview with an Expert, we’ll be interviewing successful performer Nancy Moran. We are talking with Nancy about niche marketing – one of her favorite topics.
We’ll examine some real-life case studies of musicians you’ve probably never heard of who are making a whopping full-time living doing music and nothing else! And we’ll discuss a zillion different ways to brainstorm, create, and discover new ideas that can help you develop your own niche.
Additional Resources for this Interview (quotes are hers):
- Joe Malarkey – “The Worst Motivational Speaker in America”
- Jana Stanfield
- Jana’s book, The Musician’s Guide to Making and Selling Your Own CD’s and Cassettes
- Niche Marketing, How Thinking Small Can Payoff BIG! – Article
[This book gets rave reviews on Amazon even from non-musicians as a comprehensive guide to packaging and successfully selling any form of art or information]
- Joyce Rouse “Earth Mama”
- Kristi McClanahan (ADD Coach) (Resource no longer available)
- Bob Dellaposta
(Nancy: “I said on the recording that I thought “3” was spelled out…oops! I was wrong.”)
- Nancy says, “As far as I know, Chip’s Amway band doesn’t have a website.”
- ParaMind Brainstorming Software
- Jeffrey Fisher – the author she mentioned … “I love his stuff!” – He has many books, including Ruthless Self-Promotion in the Music Industry – all get rave reviews on Amazon
- Nancy Moran
- Nancy’s company, Azalea Music
- Her group, The Four Bitchin’ Babes
Additional ArtistsMBA Classes on this Topic
- Niche Marketing – How Thinking Small Can Payoff Big!
- Multiple Streams of Art/Music Income
- Multiple Streams Step 1: Niche Picking
- Marketing 101
Listen to the Interview:
Thank you for your interest. This content is visible to ArtistsMBA Professional, Mastery Program members only. Click here to login.
Ready to get serious? Enroll in the Artists Marketing & Business Academy Professional Program to access these classes today!
Your Tuition ($79 per month) includes all Foundation level classes PLUS the Professional level classes PLUS the Time Management Mastery Course & App.
Thank you for your interest. This content is visible to ArtistsMBA Foundation Program members only. Click here to login.
Read the Interview Transcript
Thank you for your interest. This content is visible to ArtistsMBA Mastery Program members only. Click here to login.
Enroll in the Artists Marketing & Business Academy Mastery Lab to access the transcript of this class today
Thank you for your interest. This content is visible to ArtistsMBA Foundation, Professional Program members only. Click here to login.
Nancy Moran is a professional singer and independent performing songwriter who hasn’t had a “day job” since 1991. Instead, she has released four CDs on her own Azalea Music Group label and currently tours the country as a member of the highly acclaimed, all-female folk troupe, The Four Bitchin’ Babes. She is a frequent keynote speaker and workshop leader on music business topics at national music conferences such as NSAI’s Spring Symposium, TAXI’s Road Rally, 2NMC, and SGA Week. She is an instructor on SongU.com, the co-author of the audio series “The Songwriter’s Survival Kit,” and the former Assistant Editor of American Songwriter magazine.