What it feels like:
You’ve got nothing left.
You’ve lost the joy you used to feel in the creative act.
You feel so burned out you can barely stand to drag yourself to your gig and your relationships are falling apart.
- You pour all your time and energy into the day job that supports you day-to-day, and have little left over to pursue a serious career doing what you love, let alone the energy to be creative.
- You pour all your time and energy into running your creative career and have little left over for creating, let alone relaxation, relationship, friends, or anything else you enjoy.
- You are working so hard that you’ve lost the joy you used to feel in the creative act.
- You are getting physically ill, often.
- You get really inspired and busy, and then push yourself and push yourself, and don’t take care of yourself, until you completely collapse. So that you can’t take advantage of the opportunities that your flurry of activity created.
No matter how hard you try to do it all, something has to give. Unfortunately, for people who are struggling with this challenge, it’s often their health that gives. Don’t let that be you.
Just stop and think and look at your life!
What do you truly want? Ignore the voice in your head that is pushing you to go, go, go, go. You can stop for 5 minutes. You can. And if you don’t, your body will force you to.