How to Create Buzz and Stimulate Word-of-Mouth Marketing, An Interview with Bob Baker
On this call, author and speaker Bob Baker dissected and examined buzz and the elusive qualities that create ideas that spread.
Here are just some of the topics Debra and Bob discussed:
- The four stages of successful viral marketing
- Lesson from the book “Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die”
- The 3 things an effective brand identity must communicate to cut through the clutter
- The role of innovators and early adopters
- Buzz marketing secrets from “The Secret”
- How to make your talents and creativity “spreadable”
Additional Resources for this Interview:
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell
- Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die by Chip and Dan Heath
- Making a Living Without a Job: Winning Ways For Creating Work That You Love by Barbara Winter
- The Musician’s Guide to Brides: How to Make Money Playing Weddings by Anne Roos
- All Marketers Are Liars: The Power of Telling Authentic Stories in a Low-Trust World by Seth Godin
- Seth Goldin’s Blog
Additional ArtistsMBA Classes on this Topic
- An interview with Tiamo De Vettori – The Art of Outsourcing
- Creating Your Niche – A Conversation with Nancy Moran
- Niche Marketing – How Thinking Small Can Payoff Big!
- Multiple Streams of Art/Music Income
- Multiple Streams Step 1: Niche Picking
- Marketing 101
- Branding 101
Listen to the Interview:Thank you for your interest. This content is visible to ArtistsMBA Professional, Mastery Program members only. Click here to login.
Read the Interview Transcript
Thank you for your interest. This content is visible to ArtistsMBA Mastery Program members only. Click here to login.
Enroll in the Artists Marketing & Business Academy Mastery Lab to access the transcript of this class today
Thank you for your interest. This content is visible to ArtistsMBA Foundation, Professional Program members only. Click here to login.
Bob Baker is an author, musician, and workshop leader who is dedicated to helping musicians, authors, and creative people of all kinds get exposure, connect with fans, and increase their incomes through their artistic passions. Bob’s books include “Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook,” “Unleash the Artist Within,” “Branding Yourself Online,” “The Newbie’s Guide to Book Marketing and Self-Publishing,” and more.
For hundreds of music marketing tips, visit Bob’s Website