In today’s DIY Music Business, many artists are looking to crowd funding to replace the financing that a record deal used to provide. But the success rates of crowd funding efforts in the music industry are not all Amanda F. Palmer stories. It’s not the get rich quick solution to your financial woes.
Luckily for us, Ariel Hyatt of Cyber PR has studied this question and is going to share a few of her Crowd Funding Success Secrets with the members of the Artists Marketing & Business Academy Professional Program.
In this Interview with an Expert you will learn:
- The 3 biggest Crowd Funding mistakes
- What you must have in place before you begin your Crowd Funding Campaign
- How to choose which Crowd Funding site to use for your campaign – Kickstarter, Indiegogo, where to start?
Is Crowd Funding the right method at the right time for your next project? In this interview Ariel will give you the criteria for making a sound business decision for your career.
Additional Resources for this Interview:
- Social Media House: Ariel’s New Online Course [This resource is no longer available]
- APE: Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur-How to Publish a Book by Guy Kawasaki and Shawn Welch
- Pledge Music
- Seth Godin’s Article on Kickstarter
- Spin Magazine’s Article on Amanda Palmer Crowd Funding
- Kickstarter Stats
Additional ArtistsMBA Classes on this Topic
- Transform Your Inner Critic into Your Staunchest Ally
- Niche Marketing– How Thinking Small Can Payoff Big
- Multiple Streams of Art/Music Income
- Social Media – The Art of Engagement
- Social Media – An Interview With Ariel Hyatt, CyberPR
- How to Create Buzz and Stimulate Word-of-Mouth Marketing, An Interview with Bob Baker
- How to Build Your List with Elizabeth Edwards
Listen to the Interview:
Ready to get serious? Enroll in the Artists Marketing & Business Academy Professional Program to access these classes today!
Your Tuition ($79 per month) includes all Foundation level classes PLUS the Professional level classes PLUS the Time Management Mastery Course & App.
Read the Interview Transcript
Enroll in the Artists Marketing & Business Academy Mastery Lab to access the transcript of this class today
Ariel Hyatt is the founder of Ariel Publicity & Cyber PR a New York based digital PR firm that connects artists, authors and filmmakers to blogs, podcasts, internet radio stations and social media sites. Over the past 13 years her firm has represented over 1,400 musicians of all genres.
Educating musicians is her passion and her philosophy is: combine social media with Internet marketing to help artists grow their fanbase and increase their income.
Several times a year, she leads sold-out workshops to musicians and music industry professionals looking to learn about Social media and online marketing. Her bi-weekly ezine and YouTube series “Sound Advice” has over 10,000 subscribers and she is a contributing blogger to Music Think Tank.
Ariel has written dozens of articles on how to navigate the “new” music business and her book: Music Success in Nine Weeks is available at Amazon.