As children we are taught, by our parents, our teachers, our siblings and our peers, that in order to be loved, we must blend in. We must conform our uniqueness to be “appropriate”. And its an important skill to have – to know society’s rules and be able to act accordingly with volition.
But as artists, as business owners, as entrepreneurs, expressing your unique voice is critical to your success in business and in life.
“Self-censorship is not just self-betrayal and self-abandonment (which would be bad enough), but soul-betrayal and betrayal of our Muse, our inner voice, our highest self.”
Ralf Waldo Emerson
In this class we’ll explore:
- How to listen to yourself in an empowering way – so you learn to know your true voice
- How (and when) to express your true voice
- How these skills serve in your creativity, your marketing and your business and personal relationships
Standing up and standing out takes true courage in a society that encourages conformity. And if you study the truly successful in our world, as I have, you will see that they all had a heaping measure of that courage – the ability and the willingness to take a stand for what they believed and to embrace and celebrate their unique voice.
Additional Resources for this Class:
- The Power of Focusing: A Practical Guide to Emotional Self-Healing by Ann Weiser Cornell, Ph.D.
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ by Daniel Goleman
Listen to the Class:
Enroll in the Artists Marketing & Business Academy Professional Program
to access this class today ($49 per month Tuition):
Read the Class Transcript
Enroll in the Artists Marketing & Business Academy Mastery Lab to access the transcript of this class today
- Niche Marketing – How Thinking Small can Payoff BIG! (Professional Program)
Click here to enroll in the Artists Marketing & Business Academy Professional Program
to access this next class in the series today ($49 per month Tuition)