Not sure about how to write a press release or to approach press?
Unable to move forward in promoting an upcoming live performance or CD release?
Armed with the advice of seasoned performing arts presenter, producer, and publicist Peter McDowell, you will leave this session with:
- Simple tools and strategies for marketing and publicizing your careers, creations and performances.
- How to create a promotional PDF, a bio and a press release.
- A clear process for contacting critics, reviewers and bloggers and the media
- How to get events listed and CDs or video promoted on the internet.
Additional ArtistsMBA Classes on this Topic:
- Marketing 101
- Multiple Streams of Art/Music Income
- Mining the Gold from Your Networking Contacts
- Niche Marketing – How Thinking Small can Payoff BIG!
- Social Media – The Art of Engagement
- How to Get Started on Twitter
- Internet Marketing 101
- Branding 101
- Internet Marketing and Social Media –Waste of Time or Key to Success in the New Music Business?
- How to Create a Fanbase From Scratch
Listen to the Interview:Thank you for your interest. This content is visible to ArtistsMBA Professional, Mastery Program members only. Click here to login.
Read the Interview Transcript
Enroll in the Artists Marketing & Business Academy Mastery Lab to access the transcript of this class today
New York and San Francisco based Arts Consultant Peter McDowell has built a solid career on high-level, strategic, and effective service to performing arts organizations and performing artists. As a publicist, Peter has placed interviews, reviews, critic’s choices and listings in media such as Time Out New York, The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Village Voice, Opera News, The Baltimore Sun, and The LA Times, as well as blogs and web publications. From 1997-2006, Peter was Program Director for the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs. He recently served as Director of Programs at OPERA America in New York.