The internet is the great leveler.
It used to be next to impossible for a small business to make a big splash in the world. It was too expensive, too time consuming, too hard to compete with the big corporations.
It used to be next to impossible for an unsigned artist to win a Grammy or have a Gold Record.
It used to be next to impossible for an Indie film to be seen without a distribution deal from a major studio.
It used to be completely impossible for a writer without a publishing deal to sell more than 100 books (assuming they had 100 friends and family).
But thanks to the internet that is no longer true. So what are you waiting for?
Look people! It’s the 21st Century!
You must have a presence online or no one will take you seriously. What does that mean for you?
At the barest minimum a website that is yours (not a page on some other site like Facebook or ReverbNation) and a living, breathing, active presence on Social Media.
Which Social Media? That largely depends on what kind of business you are running and where your niche market is hanging out.
“The Internet makes money for you when you build something that is real and when it matters to people!” – Darren Rowse
“Think like a publisher, not a marketer” – David Meerman Scott
“Never forget social media is for reach but email is for revenue.” Bryan Eisenberg
Enroll in the Artists Marketing & Business Academy to access these classes today!
Your Tuition ($5 for first 14 days then $39 per month) includes all Foundation level classes PLUS the Time Management Mastery Course & App.
- Internet Marketing and Social Media –Waste of Time or Key to Success in the New Music Business?
- Social Media – The Art of Engagement
Ready to get serious? Enroll in the Artists Marketing & Business Academy Professional Program to access these classes today!
Your Tuition ($79 per month) includes all Foundation level classes PLUS the Professional level classes PLUS the Time Management Mastery Course & App.
Thank you for your interest. This content is visible to ArtistsMBA Foundation Program members only. Click here to login.
- Internet Marketing 101
- How to Get Started on Twitter
- How to Integrate Social Media into Your Multiple Streams Business
Special Bonus Interviews With Experts
- Website Maximizer: Is your website selling you? – Jeri Goldstein, Special Guest Lecturer
- Social Media – An Interview With Ariel Hyatt, CyberPR
- Twitter for Artists – An Interview with Carla Lynn Hall
- WordPress Websites for Musicians – An Interview with Middle Tennessee Music
- WordPress Website Essentials with Jesse Petersen
- Interview with Patrick Schwerdtfeger, Internet Marketing Expert
In the Hopper
Following are class topics Debra is currently considering for this Learning Track:
- Fundamentals of Good Website Design
- How to use your Time effectively online
- SEO Nuts & Bolts
- Blogging for Artists
- How to Choose Your Social Media Focus
- Facebook Profiles and Page
- Google Plus, the Next Wave
To suggest additional ideas, contact Debra