I met John West at the TAXI Road Rally a few years back. He became my client and one of the projects he worked on was creating this e-Book, Session Singing in Hollywood. I think that he and Elin Carlson have done a fabulous job of creating a clear manual for pursuing Session work as a musician. Many of my clients make a seriously good living working as a Session player. While it may not feed your ego in the same way as being the featured artist on stage. Being a session player will feed YOU, both financially and also by helping you to develop and hone your skills as a professional musician.
Inside this jam-packed e-book, you’ll learn:
- How to effectively meet the right people
- How to conduct yourself in the studio so they will want to hire you again
- How to completely prepare yourself for making it in Hollywood.
- How to avoid the pitfalls that many singers make in pursuing their careers, and how to save time and money in that process
- How to make lifetime residual income
- How to market yourself for the best possible results
- How to be, and stay, prepared for the highly competitive world of session singing
And while John and Elin speak specifically in terms of singing in Hollywood, I’m confident you will be able to apply this information to being a session musician in any professional setting.
I heartily recommend John and Elin’s How-To eBook Session Singing In Hollywood.