Debra was thrilled to interview singer/songwriter Vikki Flawith, former student at the Artists Marketing & Business Academy, Champion of the Creatively Introverted & Socially Terrified, opera-howling Blogger, procrastinating Painter, housework-hating Vocalist, power-napping Composer and Aquarian Cyber-Geek.
Vikki is a well-respected vocal teacher. And she has signed multi-track deals with several music publishers.
“My definition of success used to be pleasing everyone else and living my life according to what I thought they wanted so that they’d be pleased with me. Now I live my own life and my own dream. In order to do this, I had to look deep inside, figure out my goal, and work steadily at the process of achieving it, over time. I had to understand my own operating system. Being introverted isn’t a crime. You just have to be more creative in marketing yourself and your art.”
In this interview, we explored:
- How to make your introversion work for you
- How to find your unique voice both in your art and in your marketing
- Criticism vs critique, and how we talk to ourselves
And much more! It was an enlightening and enjoyable conversation.
Additional Resources for this Interview:
- Vikki Flawith
- The Shy Singer-Songwriter
- The Artist’s Way- How to Recover Your Creativity by Julia Cameron
- A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose by Eckhart Toll
Additional ArtistsMBA Classes on this Topic:
- Turning Your Internal Critic to Your Staunchest Ally
- Creating Your Niche: A Conversation with Nancy Moran
- Time Management 101
- Time management Bookends – A Framework for Success
- Project management: The Key to Getting Stuff Done!
Listen to the Interview:
Enroll in the Artists Marketing & Business Academy Professional Program
to listen to this interview today ($49 per month Tuition):