In these times of Music Industry upheaval and uncertainty, Music Licensing is one of the few areas of the industry that offers clear income potential to the entrepreneurial artist.
I’m thrilled to have Sarah Gavigan as a guest this month, to give us an insider’s look into the Music Licensing business.
In this class you’ll discover:
- The range of opportunities in Music Licensing
- The top 3 mistakes people make with when submitting music to a Music Supervisor
- How to create a strategy allowing you to target the people who are looking for your music
Resources for this Class:
- YouTube Brand Channels (just enter the name of a brand in the search box)
- Berkelee Online Music Publishing Class
- UCLA Online Music Publishing Class
- Google Alerts
Listen to the Interview:Thank you for your interest. This content is visible to ArtistsMBA Professional, Mastery Program members only. Click here to login.
Read the Interview Transcript
Enroll in the Artists Marketing & Business Academy Mastery Lab to access the transcript of this class today
Sarah Gavigan founded Ten Music in the winter of 2000; the first company of it’s kind to represent Indie Artists and Labels to Advertisers and Brands. 9 years, 45 labels and thousands of placements later, Gavigan is one of the foremost leaders in the field of music licensing.
In 2008 Gavigan developed and taught a course at UCLA entitled “How to get your music licensed in a Commercial.” Today Gavigan Music Supervises, and teaches Musicians and Music Industry professionals how to successfully license their music through her online education program GET YOUR MUSIC LICENSED.